Well, I just taken my 2nd chemo last Thu, and I still not really fully recovered yet, due to my little experiment of starving the cancer.
While walking back from the train station, I notice that 1 of my car tire and its rim is stolen. Gosh! I m dead tired and now... I have think of 3 options
1) There is a same car nearby. People steal from me, I steal from other people (this is a BAD thought, never try this EVER!!)
2) Call my mechanic ask for help
3) Call my dad, leave the car there.
In less than 30 seconds, I make up my mind. I m weak (mentally and physically), I m using cancer and chemo as excuse for me NOT to replace it with spare tire.
I roll up my sleeve, and start to jack the car bit by bit. Chemo make my knee really weak, I need to stand up again and again for a relief. Jack the car slowly like tortoise, bit by bit really slow.
Soon the jacking is done, and I replace the tire and release the jack.
At first it is really torturing, but as when I keep on jacking and jacking I have forgotten the pain and tiredness (yeah having fun jacking here). First step is always the hardest, but when you keep on moving and forget the pains, you will find some joy along the way.
I m happy today, a thief had taught me a most valuable lesson in my life. don't let cancer be excuse for me for NOT doing anything. Same to you out there, when you have problem, solve it slowly, soon you will find the solution (joy).
Chris Gardner (or Will Smith) used to say this before:
Christopher Gardner: Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right?
Christopher: All right.
Christopher Gardner: You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.
Finally.. God please bless the thief, thing happen for a reason. I hope he don't spend the money on drug for stealing from a cancer patient.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I got a feeling that I want to be your supervisor... why? To allocate the many many tasks that will be coming to u! Just like good old times!
I seriously cant believe that someone really stole the tyre!!!
yeah terrible hahahah .
Good Post Lai .. and good lesson for everyone there too. I liked the analogy with Crhis Gardner.
But hey, do take it easy. And remember to take plenty of rest in between if you are going to do physically demanding tasks!
that's a good spirit! You beat the cancer mentally!
Post a Comment