Tuesday, June 15, 2010

15/Jun/2010- 3rd and 4th oral chemo

Still remember my car rim and tire was stolen during my 2nd chemo.

On my 3rd oral chemo, I suppose to travel to Ipoh for my sis wedding ceremony. But last minutes I call it off, coz my body is really weak cannot go for long distance travel. While my whole family goes to Ipoh I m left home alone. And I saw my car tire is flat. Well the hero (me) think, last year he can change it by his own, why not now? At the end it was a BIG mistake...

I had setup a cozy environment for myself, a stool and a fan. With everything prepared ok time to work now. I tried to loosen the nut. 1st attempt failed. 2nd attempt failed. My body is sweating and I take a rest in front of the fan and thinking. Ok time for 3rd attempt. Knowing myself if I wanna do it nothing can stop me. Arghh the nut is not moving.

Again I rest in front of the fan and think. There are 3 option available
1) Wait for my 70 yrs old dad to come back from Ipoh
2) Call my friend for help
3) The hero will fix it by himself

Well since I call myself hero, so I chosen step 3. I take an axe and a block of wood with me. I use the axe to knock against the wrench. First few knock nothing happen. Then I knock it even harder, wow it moved. I manage to loosen all nut and changed the tire. I m amazing right?

The day after, my whole body and bone aching. I sleep on the bed for a very very very long time. I still remember I had my breakfast/lunch @ 3pm. If I didn't get up and eat the meal, I might had gone case if I continue sleeping on the bed. Too exhausted. The price to pay for my own heroic pride is too high (almost cost my life). And I m all alone at home.

I m not Rambo, and not living alone in the jungle. At least 3 of my friend scold me like dog. They say just a simple call, they will come and help me to change it. I finally notice I live in a community and that is what a friend for.

ps: But if u know me well, u will know that I will not call unless it is too critical.

1 comment:

Kiran said...

Hmm Lai - you should have been more responsible. Being proud and heroic is of course important - but is equally important to judge the situation and act accordingly.

I loved this line "I finally notice I live in a community and that is what a friend is for".