Tuesday, August 11, 2009

10/Aug/2009 - My 1st Chemo Therapy

IMPORTANT: Please don't ever tell other cancer patient that Chemo is very torturous treatment. Different chemo will react differently to other people. You will make them worried more.

At first, I prepared for the worst of the worst pain in the world when I started to take the chemo. Surprisingly, it is not so terrible

I only feel tired and always feel very hungry. Because Chemo tend to kill all good and bad cell. Doctor advised me to get high protein diet to keep my blood count up.

I m very lucky because I m covered by insurance, and having a good job. I cannot fight like those real cancer fighter, who need to do chemo in the morning and work in the afternoon. I cannot imagine all the suffering that they take, make them a real fighter.

Suffering will shape our will stronger than diamond
Suffering also will shape our will fragile like a glass
We always have 2 choice, to be diamond or to be glass

Now I m waiting for my 2nd chemo, on 02/Sep/2009

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lai - That's the spirit !

MS

Edmund said...

Hi lai
This is Edmund from AZAG, though I've only been colleagues with you for 1 week, I must say you're one of the coolest coders I've ever known.

News about your cancer really came to me as a shock, but what I find even more amazing is your resolve.

All I can say is hang in there - the cancer is never always an enemy. If you can coexist with it peacefully, it well leave you well enough alone.

Take care man, you have my best prayers and wishes

Ed

William Beh said...

Waiting for you for our yam cha session ya. Keep up the spirit

theflyingOx said...

Alright man ! :) Again, we are all behind u... he he he...

Anonymous said...

Yes, chemo was quite tiring, but for the sake of your recovery, please patient and be strong..always pray for the best :)

Kiran said...

Loved this paragraph:

"Suffering will shape our will stronger than diamond
Suffering also will shape our will fragile like a glass
We always have 2 choice, to be diamond or to be glass"

Do take proper rest and plenty of food. All the best for round 2!

Anonymous said...

It is so good to share your experience, I have encountered an ex-colleague which was also a cancer patient, but I was surprise that he looks so tall, handsome and fit. He has married with 3 kids, an active basketball players.. When he was away for one week, I wasn't aware he has went for chemo until the team told me... the fighting spirit is so strong!!!